Dr. M. Naseem Baloch received his basic education from his native village Shahrak, Baluchistan and Intermediate Science examination from Govt. Degree College, Turbat in 1980. He completed his MBBS at Bolan Medical College, Quetta in 1987. He started The Post Graduate, Surgical Training in Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC), Karachi in 1990.
Dr. Baloch achieved his FCPS in General Surgery from College Of Physician and Surgeons Pakistan (CPSP), Karachi in March, 1993. Presently working as an Associate Professor of Surgery in JPMC, Karachi.
Dr. Baloch started his career as a Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgeon in 1994, since then he has been performing (In addition to General Surgery) Thyroid, Parathyroid surgeries and Neck Dissection for Thyroid cancers at JPMC, South City Hospital and Institute of Surgery and Medicine(ISM) in Karachi.
To improve his surgical skills and knowledge, Dr. Baloch travelled and visited different hospitals internationally like Korea, Japan, USA, France and Sri Lanka. He organized three Annual Surgical Endocrine Weeks at JPMC, Karachi in 2013, 2015 and 2016. The invited master trainers were from Korea, France and England. They performed live surgeries and demonstrations n Thyroid, Parathyroid and adrenal glands.
Dr. M. Naseem Baloch is the member of following societies:
- Permanent Registered Supervisor for training FCPS trainees in General Surgery from 24th July 2008.
- Examiner FCPS II General Surgery.
- Permanent Registration With P.M.D.C( Pakistan Medical & Dental Council) No. 1198-B
- Life-time Member of Society of Surgeons, Pakistan.
- Life-time member of society of Gastroenterology, Pakistan.
- Life-time member of Pakistan Medical Association. No 10799.
- Life-time member of Asian Association of Endocrine Surgeons (A.A.E.S)
- Life-time member of Asian Pacific Society of Thyroid Surgery
Dr. M. Naseem Baloch has attended and participated in following international conferences regarding endocrine surgeries:
- 10th Annual Surgical Site Infection 10th December,2005-BANGKOK
- 20th World Congress international society for digestive surgery Rome 29th -2nd Dec 2006 Italy.
- Conjoint Scientific congress 6-7 May, 2007 Hong Kong.
- 11th Congress of Asian Federation of colo-proctology 20-22 sep.2007 Tokyo Japan
- Gastro Intestinal Oncology Oct 8-11,2008 Istanbul, Turkey
- 14th International Thyroid Congress Sep 11-16 2010 Paris, France.
- Two weeks thyroid surgery training 9-24 Aug 212 in Seoul Korea
- 10th Asia and Oceania Thyroid Association Congress 21-24 Oct 2012 in Bali Indonesia
- Participated in 14th Biennial Congress Of The Asian Association Of Endocrine Surgeons. 13th to 15th March 2014. Negombo, Sri Lanka.
- 15th international thyroid congress October 18 -23, 2015 Florida USA.
- 1st congress of Asia Pacific society of thyroid surgery 18-20th November 2015, Seoul Korea.
Dr. Baloch has following publications regarding Thyroid and Parathyroid diseases:
- Prophylactic central neck dissection in papillary carcinoma thyroid, a 14 years experience published in Pakistan Journal of Surgery.pakJ surg2016;32(3):126-129
- Outcome of comparative study between ultrasonic harmonic scalpel versus conventional hemostasis in open thyroidectomy published in Pakistan Journal of Surgery.pakJ surg2016;32(2):62-65
- Role of Surgery in management of Graves’ Diseases, An Eleven year Experience;
Published in Pakistan journal of Surgery.pakJ2014; 30(2): 110-114.
- Bilateral Neck Exploration For primary Hyperthyroidism; A Surgical experience; Published in Pakistan journal of surgery Issue-4 Oct-Dec, 2009, 221-223.
- Contribution Of Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC) In the Diagnosis of Malignant Thyroid Nodule.Pak.j of surgery Vol.24 issue.119-21 2008.
- Rationale Of Near Total Thyroidectomy In patient With Multinodular Goitre.Pak.J of Surgery Vol.23, Issue-3, 2007; 177-179.
- Completion Thyroidectomy; relation of timing with complications
- “Surgical Management Of Hyper Parathyroidism” JCSP 2007, vol.17 (II) 683-685.
- “Management Of Non-Traumatic Ileal Perforations” Dissertation for the fellowship of College of physician & surgeons Pakistan 1992.
Consultant General and Thyroid Surgeon
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
3pm to 5pm
(+9221) 358 62 301 to 03
(+9221) 353 740 72-5
(+92)332 255 4474