Duplex ultrasound is a non-invasive option for evaluation of arteries and vascularity of organs. A duplex ultrasound can show blood flows to the many parts of the body. It can also tell the caliber and reveal any blockages of major blood vessels. A duplex ultrasound can help diagnose an Abdominal aneurysm, Arterial occlusion, Blood clot, Carotid occlusive disease, Renal Vascular disease, Varicose veins, Venous insufficiency and Torsion of testis.
After the exam
After an ultrasound examination, you should be able to resume your normal activities immediately.
LIST OF EXAMINATION (DOPPLER STUDIES)
- VENOUS DOPPLER: Upper & Lower Extremity to evaluate Deep Vein Thrombosis and superficial thrombosis.
- ARTERIAL DOPPLER: Upper & Lower Extremity to assess peripheral arterial disease, claudication symptoms, to check the patency of grafts, and to localize and grade the severity of stenoses. Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) to evaluate peripheral arterial disease in atherosclerosis and diabetes mellitus.
- RENAL ARTERY DOPPLER: To evaluate the renal artery stenosis (RAS), in hypertension.
- PSEUDO ANEURYSM DOPPLER: To characterize pseudoaneurysms.
- TESTICULAR DOPPLER: To assess varicoceles, testicular torsion, epididymitis and testicular inflammation.
- TRANSPLANTED KIDNEY DOPPLER: To assess flow in the renal and iliac vessels, flow velocity measurements, as well as evaluation of the intrarenal vessels.
- DIALYSIS FISTULA DOPPLER: To evaluate blood flow in hemodialysis fistula dysfunction.
- NECK DOPPLER: To assess blockage or narrowing of carotid arteries, particularly in cases of stroke and before CABG.
- PENILE DOPPLER: For assessment of erectile dysfunction.
- LIVER DOPPLER: To evaluate portal hypertension, flow in native liver vessels and transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunts (TIPS) and to evaluate major hepatic vessels (hepatic artery, hepatic vein, and portal vein) in transplanted liver.
- DOPPLER OBS: To evaluate the pulsations in the fetal heart and bloods vessels for signs of abnormalities.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact our reception staff on 021-35292707.
MBBS, FCPS, FVIR,
Fellowship in Diagnostic Radiology,
College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan,
Fellowship in Vascular Interventional Radiology
Monday to Saturday
10am to 5pm
Nasir / Salman
(+92)213 529 2707