These are some guidelines on how to prepare for the test:
- You are required to fast from food and fluid for 4 hours prior to your procedure.
- Required lab reports of PT, APTT & INR.
- If you take any blood thinners, you may need to stop taking them prior to your procedure. All other medications can be taken as normal.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment time, for exam registration.
- Wear a two-piece outfit.
- On the day of your appointment, be sure to bring:
- Your doctor’s referral form.
- Your previous films and medical records.
- Before your procedure, please let the Radiologist know if you are, or think you may be pregnant.
- The procedure usually takes 5 minutes to several hours, depending on the amount of fluid and how fast it drains.
- Please leave valuable items in your vehicle or with a trusted person.
- Please inform us if you cannot keep the appointment.
- You will need to arrange for someone to drive you home the following day.
- You will be monitored after the procedure to ensure there have not been any complications. You may be need to stay overnight for observation.
- You must not do any exercise for the rest of the day.
- If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact our reception staff on 021-35292707.
MBBS, FCPS, FVIR,
Fellowship in Diagnostic Radiology,
College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan,
Fellowship in Vascular Interventional Radiology
Monday to Saturday
10am to 5pm
Nasir / Salman
(+92)213 529 2707